Friday, February 16, 2007

I need an eleven year old girl

We had the treat of having a friend's eleven year old girl spend most of the day with us. She was working to complete an AWANA section which required her to "help with small children for 1 or 2 hours". We did 4 times as much!

With her help, I was able to complete a whole day of homeschooling, clean the house, move the laundry along significantly, HAVE A NAP!!!!, bake cookies (the girls did most of the work on these!) and make 2 lasagnas - one for supper and one for the freezer. Wow! Where can I get me one of these? (Her parents insisted on taking her home.)

The good news is I'll have one in four years! And I'll have a crew of snowshovelling, lawn moving, cookie-batch-destroying-in-one-sitting boys too!

So if your oldest is 3, let me know in 4 years so I can lend you my 11 year old daughter for a day.

No comments: