Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jubal Cottage School - Spring Concert 2009

We had our Spring Concert last week for Jubal Cottage School, it also marked the end of Jubal for this semester. The Junior Choir (above) sang three numbers, and the Juniors also recited poems. Some gave individual recitations (like Tim doing "The Charge of the Light Brigade"):





Or in a group (here are the littlest ones doing "The Sunbeam", I know the photo isn't great but they were SO CUTE!!).




The Senior Choir was good and the Seniors did monologues, very impressive! Sorry, no photos of Seniors - but maybe next year when Emmi moves up!



The goal of Jubal is to glorify God by training children in the arts. This semester we focussed on music (the choirs) and the spoken word. I think we achieved our goals of building skills in the children. We also were able to share in some great friendships and comraderie!



2 comments:

The Lee Family said...

I wish I could have heard them! Tim looks so grown up! Glad the concert was successful and glorifying to God :)

Tereasa said...

Scott and I were just commenting on what a wonderful thing Jubal has been for Gabriel. He has really come out of his shell, so to speak, gaining confidence to not only meet new people but to do solo recitations on stage. Wow! Thank you for all you did this year!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It has been a hectic and exciting year so far. If only my fingers could keep up with my thoughts!