Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sledding


One of the great things about living in Canada is enjoying the snow! This past weekend, we had great sledding weather - cold and sunny. Some snowmobilers had been out on the hill earlier and had created a big, packed down part that our sleds really flew on.

At first, some of the party were a little hesitant, because the hill was so steep, but after a trip down, everyone (except me!) caught the sledding bug! I stationed myself at the top and steadied sleds and pushed the travellers off. This was a smart move I later realized because it prevented me from bringing up any sleds!

Here's Emmi about to launch!


The boys discovered that a two-man sled would go farther than a one-man. They went through the ditch, up the other side, and into a small scrubby bunch of plants!


It's a long walk back up to the top!

Snow, when you think about it, is an amazing play material - you can mould it, throw it, climb it... and it is (relatively) clean. We have a pretty amazing Creator! I was thankful for this afternoon!

We returned home with red cheeks, ready for hot chocolate!

No comments: