Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Signs of Spring


Spring is really on its way! We've got some nice flowers in the garden including this Bleeding Heart. And our lilacs are out! We have some purple ones, and a big white on one corner of our garden. They smell wonderful!!
This has inspired me to put together some hanging baskets and a planter for the front porch, but when I went to my garden centre of choice, I was told their shipment of plants was only partially in! Some I was looking for won't be in until Thursday! How frustrating!
Instead, the children and I have been putting some gardening energy into readying the back veggie garden, we've got it dug over now, and Granddad added some compost on his last visit, the next step is to put up the "bunny fence". The rabbits around here are cute, but destructive.

No comments: